BEST PRIZE: LGBT-QIA Artist Of Color Cover Design Contest
Big Lucks is excited to announce that an anonymous donor has funded a design contest for LGBT-QIA artists of color. The winning design will be selected as the cover for Joshua Jennifer Espinoza's forthcoming Big Lucks chapbook, Outside Of The Body There Is Something Like Hope.
- **The designer must identify as an LGBT-QIA person of color.**
- Decision Process: finalists will be selected by the Big Lucks editoral staff; Joshua Jennifer Espinoza will select the winning design.
- Submission Fee: none!
- Deadline: June 15th, 2018
- Prize: $250
- Paper: Neenah Royal Sundance® Natural White Felt 100 lb Coverstock
- Trim size: 5.8" x 8.3"
- Binding: saddle stitch
- Printing: Three color offset (one color is black)
- Back cover: design optional; publisher will add branding assets to final design ( example)
Art Direction & Guidelines
- Visit our mood board for inspiration!
- Here are some poems from the manuscript which can (but do not need to!) serve as inspiration:
- The artist's previous books had bright//neon color palettes. This design should done in a different direction. The artist is hoping to see something that is "stark, but with hints of warmth."
- The publisher would be happy to see submissions that fit within their chapbook design aesthetic. See examples here.
- You do not have to submit a final design or final portfolio; feel free to submit comps.
- You can submit as many designs as you'd like!
- This contest is designed to be open-ended and fun. Do not contact the author or publishers for any more specific design direction.